Monday, December 25, 2017

Grills & Greens

A while back, I posted something on social media about the really good falafel I'd eaten recently. Someone responded that I really needed to try the falafel at Grills & Greens in Rancho Cordova, so a few days ago, I drove over to do just that.


Grills & Greens has a very helpful menu, where they specify which items can be made vegan. I was momentarily distracted by the eggplant sandwich option, but then they gave me a sample of the falafel to try. It was delicious, with a combination of spices that I couldn't quite identify. Whatever they were, they made all the difference between the run-of-the-mill falafel that many places serve and a falafel that was really special. That was all it took -- I ordered the falafel sandwich combo.


What a combo it was! There was an enormous sandwich consisting of a thick flatbread stuffed full of falafel and dressed with tahini. In addition, there was a side of salad greens with vinaigrette and a large portion of hummus with more flatbread. Needless to say, it was way too much food to eat in one sitting and I had to take some of it home.




Grills & Greens is located at 3040 Sunrise Boulevard in Rancho Cordova, and their phone number is 916-853-2265. Their website address is http://www.grillsandgreens.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/GrillsGreens/. The restaurant is open Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Saturday from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.


2 comments:

Beny said...

Great blog! Just keep up doing this amazing job.

Happy New Year

Faiza Jee said...

Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work. Best Electric Grills