Monday, July 24, 2017

Philz Coffee




Bay Area coffee chain Philz Coffee opened a location in Sacramento a few days ago, and if the early crowds are any indication, it's going to be very popular here.

The line for coffee was out the door when I went to check it out, but since I'm not a coffee drinker anyhow, I headed to the food section to see if they had anything vegan. They'll be offering Sugar Plum Vegan's baked goods, but they were all sold out by the time I got there. However, they offer a number of other snack items, a few of which can be made vegan. The Mediterranean avocado toast and the hummus and fresh tomato toast sounded good, but I wanted something sweet, so I ordered the almond butter and banana toast. The only thing required to make it vegan was to leave off the honey. Yum!


Even though I didn't order any coffee, I did ask about the availability of non-dairy milk substitutes. They offer soy milk, vanilla soy milk, and almond milk, and they don't charge extra for them.

Philz Coffee is located at 1725 R Street, and their phone number is 916-970-2894. The website address for Philz Coffee is http://www.philzcoffee.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/philzcoffee/. They are open Sunday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.


No comments: