Monday, June 6, 2016

Coconut's Fish Cafe



Coconut's Fish Café, a popular Maui-based restaurant chain, opened recently in midtown. When I checked their menu, I saw that veggie patties were an option in several of their dishes, so I sent them a Facebook message asking whether their veggie patties are vegan. They are!


I had lunch there twice last week. The first time, I ordered the Taco Mountain rice bowl, a bed of brown rice topped with tomato salsa, diced tomatoes, mango salsa, and veggie patty pieces. It was tasty and filling, and I liked the flavor of the veggie patty. Be sure to order it without the cheese and coleslaw.




I ordered the Super Green Salad for my next lunch, consisting of kale, spinach, chard, Romaine, macadamia nuts, red bell pepper, and mango. I asked for a veggie patty to be added to the salad (for an extra cost), and that's when I discovered that the veggie patty also comes in a teriyaki flavor, so I gave that a try. At least two of the dressing choices were vegan -- pineapple vinaigrette and Dijon vinaigrette. I decided the pineapple vinaigrette would be the better choice with the teriyaki patty. It turned out to be a really good salad, and I loved the teriyaki patty.




Coconut's Fish Café is located at 1420 16th Street in the space formerly occupied by Noodles & Company, and their phone number is 916-440-0449. Their website address is http://www.coconutsfishcafe.com/home, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/CoconutsSacramento/?fref=ts. The restaurant is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

No comments: