Monday, January 25, 2016

Culinerdy Cruzer Food Truck



I've been wanting to check out the Culinerdy Cruzer food truck for awhile now, but never seem to be in the same vicinity. My husband Phil and I finally caught up with the truck this weekend at Track 7 Brewing Co. near Curtis Park. I sent a tweet ahead of time to make sure there would be a vegan option, and here's the response I got back: "@PamGiarrizzo we always have vegan options!! And not just boring old stuff either!"


The vegan offering on the menu when we got to Track 7 was the Arty & Tom, a panini-style sandwich filled with a mixture of artichoke hearts, fire-roasted tomatoes, slaw, balsamic glaze, and red pepper hummus. It was a great blend of flavors and definitely not "boring old stuff"! I had a choice of sides to go with it, and I probably should have asked for the flash-fried Brussels sprouts, but I just couldn't turn down the fries.




Culinerdy Cruzer's Chef Keith Breedlove was recently featured on Fox 40 explaining how to make vegan and gluten-free burgers. Check out the video here.


More information about the Culinerdy Cruzer food truck is available on their website at http://www.nerdytruck.com/, or by following them on Facebook or Twitter.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to know! I was by them once but assumed they wouldn't have vegan stuff. Sounds and looks delicious!

Pam said...

This sandwich was listed a vegetarian on the menu, so I double-checked when I ordered it to make sure it was vegan. There was another vegetarian sandwich that looked like it could have been made vegan too.