Monday, August 24, 2015

Broderick Midtown



I guess I haven't been on L Street much lately. Big changes are happening in the 1800 block, and until recently, the only one I knew about was that Wahoo's Fish Tacos had closed a few months ago. Last week, Chris Jarosz opened Broderick Midtown in that space, after having closed his Capital Dime restaurant across the street.


The menu at Broderick Midtown is the same as the menu at Broderick Roadhouse in West Sacramento. That menu used to have lots of vegan options, but pretty much the only one now is the veggie burger. I assume there wasn't enough demand to justify all the vegan items. Too bad -- I really liked the No Egg Salad Sandwich they used to serve at Broderick Roadhouse.


Anyhow, I had lunch last week at Broderick Midtown and ordered the Old School Burger, substituting a veggie patty for the beef, leaving off the cheese, and adding avocado for an extra charge. I'm not usually a big fan of veggie burgers, but this one was pretty good -- nice and crispy on the outside without being all gooey on the inside. It was served with fries, but soup or a house salad are also options.




Broderick Midtown is located at 1820 L Street, and their phone number is 916-469-9720. They don't appear to have a website yet, but their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/BroderickMidtown. When I called to ask about their hours, I was told that the kitchen is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and on weekends from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., but a post on their Facebook page says they open at 11:00 a.m. daily and go until after midnight. If you're wanting to eat very close to those opening or closing times, you might want to call and make sure the kitchen is open.

No comments: