Monday, May 4, 2015

Esquire Grill

My husband Phil and I had dinner at the Esquire Grill on K Street last night. I used to check their menu periodically to see if there were any vegan items, and it didn't seem as though there ever were. A recent look at Esquire Grill's website, though, turned up two vegan options.


I started with the Wood-Fired Castroville Artichoke Hearts appetizer, a delicious dish with an interesting combination of tastes. The artichoke hearts are garnished with toasted Marcona almonds and charred navel oranges, then served with a black olive vinaigrette. I'd tried this dish on a previous visit to the restaurant, and I liked it just as much the second time.




Next, I had the other vegan item on the menu, the Farro & Arugula Salad, which includes asparagus, red onion, walnuts, pea shoots, lemon, and olive oil, in addition to the farro and arugula. It's listed on the menu as a "small salad," but as far as I was concerned, this hearty dish was big enough for an entrée.




One other dish I've had previously at the Esquire Grill, was the tasty Roasted Beet Salad, with Cara Cara oranges, avocado, and pickled beets. I veganized it by having the chef leave off the creme fraiche. Sorry, I guess I didn't take a photo of it.


Esquire Grill is located at 1213 K Street, and their phone number is 916-448-8900. The website address is http://www.paragarys.com/sacramento-restaurants/esquire-grill/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/EsquireGrill?fref=ts. The restaurant is open for lunch Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and for dinner Monday through Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 4:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.



No comments: