Monday, January 14, 2013

Ryu Jin Ramen House





One cold evening last month, I stopped in at Ryu Jin Ramen House, the new restaurant near Safeway at the corner of 19th and S streets. Mostly recently, there was a Mexican restaurant in this location, and before that, a Greek restaurant. All the tables were full at Ryu Jin, however, so maybe it's there to stay.

I ordered the Yasai Ramen, which is vegan. It's made with a very tasty vegetable-based miso-flavored broth, containing noodles made without egg, cabbage, carrot, bits of seaweed, onions, and lots of corn, which I really liked. The ramen was hot and filling and very good. I took half of it home with me and heated it up for my dinner on another cold December night.



Ryu Jin Ramen House is located at 1831 S Street, and their phone number is 916-341-0488. Their website address is http://ryujinramen.com/, and their Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/#!/RamenHouseRyujin. The restaurant is open for lunch daily from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. They are open for dinner Sunday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. until midnight.



No comments: