Monday, December 10, 2012

More Holiday Shopping in Midtown

Every time I walk into the Gifted Gardener, at the corner of 18th and J, I wish that I was, in fact, a gardener, growing my own vegetables and herbs. Alas, I have neither the talent nor the patience for tending the soil. Fortunately, one doesn't have to actually be a gardener to enjoy holiday shopping at this lovely little store, where they sell, in addition to gardening supplies, yard accessories, bird feeders, and a variety of outdoor-themed art works, both practical and decorative. I never let the holiday season pass without stopping in at least once.

















Artworks 21 is a very cool shop on J Street, between 18th and 19th, that sells a whimsical collection of gifts and art, mostly with a Mexican folk art feel to it. I'm never sure what to expect when I visit, but I always find something interesting and unique.



I've already made my annual holiday visit to Mixed Bag, but I'm sure I'll head back there another time or two before Christmas. Fun stocking stuffers, festive decorations, and interesting cards and gift wrap are just some of the things that make Mixed Bag, located at the corner of 24th and K, one of my favorite shops in Midtown.



Need a break? Stop in at one of Old Soul's Midtown locations for a cappuccino with soy milk and a vegan bran muffin. Maybe that will give you just the pick-up you need to carry on with your holiday preparations!



No comments: